Large inspection area with magnification and plenty of light for close up inspection work.
The universal detection lamp to examine stamps, coins, currency, documents, minerals, artwork, forgeries, repairs, etc. Sturdy black housing, glass magnifiers, and includes 110 volt adapter (240v adaptor available at JAYCAR) .
Size of Philalux: 18.5cm long x 13.5cm wide x 13cm high.
The upper part:
– Large (5-3/8″ x 2-5/8″)?aspherical 3x magnification lens and a small (7/8″ diameter) aspherical 12x magnification lens. Distortion free.
– Ultraviolet longwave tube (7 watt, 365nm) to identify fluorescent paper (tagging) on stamps of USA, Canada, China, France, Germany, Mexico, etc. as well as inks, forgeries, repairs, etc. Check for authenticity of coins, banknotes, certificates, minerals, artwork, etc. Push the “L/UV” button.
– Shortwave tube (2 watt, 256nm) with filter for checking phosphor and overall tagging?on stamps of USA, Canada, Israel, Great Britain, etc. Also for difficult tagged stamps, like block and overall tagging on US stamps or phosphor bands of Great Britain. Push the “S/UV” button.
The lower part:
– White fluorescent tube (4 watt) to examine paper varieties, colors, watermarks, etc. The size of the lighted area is 13cm long x 7.5cm wide. Push the “W/L” button.
– Electronic magnet to check magnetic area of currency by rubbing over magnet. Push the “MG” button.