- Straightforward easy-to-use listings, ideal for collectors who do not require more specialist information, such as watermark, perforation or shade changes
- Illustrated in colour throughout
- Universally recognised Stanley Gibbons numbering system
- A full listing of stamps of the world, including definitives, commemoratives, miniature sheets, postage dues, official stamps and other special purpose postage stamps
- With clear colour illustrations and the design of each stamp accurately identified, this is the perfect catalogue for the thematic (topical) collector
- All volumes published simultaneously for your convenience
DETAILED CONTENTS and COUNTRIES COVERED:
- The Stamps of the World Simplified Catalogue lists commemoratives, definitives, air-mails, postage dues, official stamps and miniature sheets.
- All stamps have the universally recognized and individual Stanley Gibbons (SG) catalogue number and are set out according to date of issue of the stamps, by country.
- Extensive re-pricing of the following countries since the previous edition:
- Great Britain
- All Commonwealth and British Empire Countries for the period 1840-1970
- Nearly 18months of new issues, listed and priced
- In addition, all new issues for all countries received since the previous edition are listed and priced.
ABOUT THE EDITORS:
Hugh Jefferies has been a stamp collector for over 60 years, concentrating on the stamps of Great Britain and the Commonwealth. He was the editor of Gibbons Stamp Monthly for over 25 years and has been Stanley Gibbons catalogue editor since 2003.
Clare de la Feuillade has worked for Stanley Gibbons for over 25 years; she started working on the Commonwealth series of catalogues, and has edited the Foreign and Thematic catalogues since 2003.
Text from Stanley Gibbons UK