- The 2020 edition has been extensively updated with all prices reviewed and revised in line with the current market.
- Priced listings of definitives, commemoratives, regionals, postage dues, departmental officials, postal fiscals, first day covers, miniature sheets, booklets, specimens and post office ‘Smiler’ sheets.
- Priced listings of watermark varieties, major plate varieties, missing colours, phosphor, embossing and imperforate errors.
- Priced listings of Post Office Telegraph stamps, including watermark varieties, major errors and specimens.
- Priced listings for all booklet panes, including single value panes and those with inverted watermarks up to 1967.
- Commemorative design index included.
- Listings are complete from May 1840 to 31 March 2020.
- Helpful introductory notes.
- PHQ card and presentation pack listings include Royal Mail reference codes for easy identification.
- The Machin definitives are amalgamated in an easy-to-find separate section and fully updated. The highly collectable source and date codes are individually priced.
- Listings of popular Post & Go stamps are brought right up to date, with clear notes describing stamps from different machines and the Type IIIA stamps from Royal Mail Series II machines are fully listed and priced. Separate illustrated tables give details of those only available at exhibitions and museums.
- Further improvements to the Machin and Post & Go sections make the 2020 Concise the perfect catalogue for the modern GB collector, as well as the more traditional philatelist.
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
- Stanley Gibbons Great Britain Stamp Catalogue lists and prices all British stamps from 1840 to 31 March 2020.
- Every different stamp design is illustrated in full colour.
- Listings include changes of watermark, perforation, shade and phosphor.
- First day covers, Royal Mail postage labels, Post Office (PHQ) Cards, presentation packs, booklets, postage dues, regionals, official stamps, postal fiscals, PO telegraph stamps and Post Office label sheets (Smilers) all listed and priced.
- Gutter Pairs and “Traffic light” Gutter Pairs listed and priced in mint sets
- First Day Covers for Special Issues from 1924 and for King Edward VIII, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth definitives.
- Prestige Booklet panes included for Queen Elizabeth II.
- All British Post Office special First Day of Issue postmarks are priced on cover.
- Quick reference diagrams for listed Machin decimal booklet panes.
- Visible plate numbers listed for Victorian stamps including Telegraphs.
- Unmounted and mounted mint prices given for stamps issued between 1887 and 1935 and on-cover prices from 1840 to 1911Major errors, including double or missing colours, imperforates, missing phosphors and embossing errors listed and priced.
- Helpful introductory section providing philatelic definitions and guidance for the collector.
- Comprehensive indexes of Machin definitives
- Commemorative Design Index.
- Useful table of postage rates contemporary with NVIs.
- Inverted, reversed, sideways and major watermark errors are listed and priced.
- Includes simplified listings of specimen overprints.
- Post Office Yearbooks and Year Packs.
- Post & Go stamps fully listed with helpful background information and comprehensive notes on the various machines, inscription types, date codes and errors provided my John M Deering.
New For This Edition
- The Queen Victoria line-engraved issues have been revised and updated in line with the forthcoming volume of the Great Britain Specialised Catalogue.
- New listings added this year include the ‘Spectacles’ variety on the Plate 4 2d. blue.
- Security Machin, Post & Go and modern booklet tables all brought up to date by John Deering.
- Additional postage rate tables give contemporary values for all NVI stamps from 2010, including Post & Go, Recorded, Signed for and Special Delivery issues. Apart from providing the current postal values of such NVI stamps, the information will be of value to modern postal historians and also identifies the original purpose of each Machin definitive.
- Further notes throughout the catalogue give additional guidance to the collector.
Text from Stanley Gibbons UK