New for this Edition:
- British Occupation of the Faroe Islands
- Government telegraph stamps of Burma and the Indian States
- Several new plate and watermark varieties, the former being clearly illustrated for easy identification
- The stamps of King Edward VIII
- Guidance on cover prices to 1945
KEY SELLING FEATURES:
- Superb new edition of the standard work in George VIth stamp collecting.
- Demand for stamps in this area continues to increase, with healthy price rises for some of the scarce errors and varieties.
- Many new varieties added and priced.
- Stamps in this area are accessible to a wide range of collectors, and the attractive designs and reasonable issuing policies of the period make the reign of King George VI probably the most popular among British Commonwealth collectors.
- ‘Used abroad’ listings include GB used in the Morocco Agencies, New Zealand used in Pitcairn Island and Falkland Islands used in the Dependencies.
- Full listings of stamps, postage dues, officials, telegraph stamps, booklets, special delivery stamps, etc, with watermark and perforation changes, major shades, plate and watermark varieties and errors and varieties.
- Now includes stamps issued during King Edward VIII’s reign.
- Indian States and Japanese Occupation issues comprehensively listed.
- Full colour throughout, all designs now illustrated with well over 760 images.
- Updated in line with the current market.
- Comprehensive introduction and helpful notes throughout the catalogue
Text from Stanley Gibbons UK